Making a Difference
Registration for OPSBA’s premier labour relations and human resources professional learning opportunity is open. The 2018 Education Labour Relations and Human Resources Symposium takes place April 26 and 27 at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto.
The Symposium is designed to provide professional development in the areas of labour relations and human resources designed specifically for School Board Trustees, Directors of Boards of Education, Supervisory Officers, and Senior Human Resources and Labour Relations practitioners. Additionally, senior school board decision makers are provided with opportunities to share ideas and strategies, learn about next and best practices, and explore practical solutions to the challenges faced by Ontario school boards.
Presentations will cover a wide range of relevant topics, including:
- Best approaches to conducting workplace investigations
- Addressing use of medical marijuana in the workplace
- Impacts of Bill 148 on school boards
- Creating positive teaching and learning cultures for all employees
- Navigating workplace violence issues
- Best practices used to implement early return to work from sick leave
- Understanding the Crown’s role in the two-tier bargaining process
- Optimal methods to prevent, detect and address IT security threats
- Methods of managing sick leave costs and building of relationships
- Effective methods to use when completing a workforce census
- Expanded understanding of provincial benefit plans
- Challenges and duties of boards to address ‘invisible disabilities’
- Sharing of best HR and LR practices
- Proactive strategies to navigate changes in the workplace
- Development of organizational health and wellness
April 26 and 27, 2018
Sheraton Centre Hotel
123 Queen Street West
Toronto M5H 2M9
OPSBA has secured a preferred rate for delegates at the Sheraton Centre – $229.00 plus taxes (single/double). The deadline is March 23. After this deadline, rooms will be available on a space-available basis only.
Please contact the hotel directly for reservations.
Online Hotel reservations: OPSBA Labour Relations Symposium
Telephone: 416-361-1000 OR toll free (Central Reservation Office) 1-888-627-7175, and quote the group name – OPSBA Labour Relations Symposium.